DeForrest Brown Jr.
DeForrest Brown, Jr. is a New York-based music writer, media theorist and curator. He has previously worked with publications such as Triple Canopy, NPR, Tiny Mix Tapes, Mixmag, FACT, and Avant.org. His work is concerned with speculative futures in performative contexts, programmatic intersections of technology and thought, and an enduring interest in pushing electronic music into ever-more radical and multimedia presentations that extend into collaborations across expertise and format. In 2017, he was the inaugural Suzanne Fiol Curatorial Fellow at ISSUE Project Room. He has presented work at Dixon’s Place, New Museum, MoMAPS1, Artists Space, Lampo, Signal Gallery, and Cleopatra’s. He is also one half of cataloging space/writing project Elevator to Mezzanine (E-M) with artist and musician Steven Warwick, who are developing a forthcoming project to be premiered at the Kunst-Werke Institute for Contemporary Art in Berlin.
- AS040 Guest Mix by Asystems
- FORAGING018 Wounded Wind by The Actual School and DeForrest Brown Jr.
- FORAGING017 Drafts of Wounded Wind by The Actual School and DeForrest Brown Jr.
- FORAGING016 Waterboarding A Soul Whisperer by The Actual School and DeForrest Brown Jr.
- DIV005 Maneuver by DeForrest Brown Jr.
- DIV003 Mew by DeForrest Brown Jr.